You probably clicked on this article out of sheer curiosity, thinking “hmm, maybe there’s something in here I don’t know about”. Well I can’t promise you’ve never heard of these products, but if they’re not hanging out on your shelf, you need to get them there, pronto.
I’ll preface this by telling you that I’m pretty lazy when it comes to my beauty routine, and I really don’t like to spend a ton of money… but I do like to feel like I’m treating myself the best I can:) So here are the 5 beauty products I couldn’t live without:
1. it’s a 10 miracle leave-in product.
This stuff does wonders for my hair! I spray it in after every shower, and since I started using it, it takes me waaaay longer to get split ends between trims, and my hair is shinier and softer.
2. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.
I use this every. single. day. right after I put on my lip liner. Gotta keep those pretty lips… well, pretty!
Bonus item: the Burt’s Bees Aloe & Linden Flower After SunSoother is the best if you ever forget to wear sunscreen.
3. Goody Ouchless Paddle brush.
I’ve had this brush for ten years, no exaggeration. I will never buy another kind of hair brush. (Other than my blow-out brush… duh 😉 ). This doesn’t hurt my tender little head at all, and did I mention that it’s lasted like forever?
4. Mary Kay
There are too many products that I LOVE from Mary Kay to pick just one, so I narrowed it down to my four faves for you:
- TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser, and Age-Fighting Moisturizer. To be honest, I don’t use the rest of the “Miracle set”… I stick to the necessities! These keep me free of breakouts, and get all of my makeup off at the end of the day. And you’re never too young/old to start avoiding the affects of aging!
- Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. Um, yes. This is literally the best eye makeup remover ever. I don’t need to say more. Do yourself a favor and get this immediately.
- Microdermabrasion Plus Set. This gets rid of that inevitable dullness that your skin tends to get after a while, and brings back the glow that we’re all looking for. I use this about once a week to keep my skin crazy soft!
- Suncare Sunscreen Broad Spectrum (SPF 50). This is literally the best sunscreen ever! The major test was when I applied this each morning while I was in Haiti, and I didn’t even get pink. It goes on like a lotion and doesn’t leave me feeling like a grease ball, like other sunscreens tend to do. (And yes, sunscreen is absolutely a beauty item!)
5. Happy Socks
I have a pair of adorable cow socks that make me stupidly happy:) My theory is that everyone needs things that make them smile for no reason. Because happy people just don’t shoot their husbands. They just don’t. (Go ahead, name that movie!). I don’t know about you, but I always feel prettier and more confident when I’m smiling naturally. So go get yourself a pair of adorable socks, just because you can!
I would love to hear what yall’s favorite beauty products are! Let me know in the comments:)